While the clouds covered the stars like cozy blankets, Liz and I spent time inside the tent and talked about everything we could talk about.
I remember I told her that things like snowflakes make me believe in God. I forgot to tell her that it’s people like her that make me believe in Him the most.
She’s weird and all, but I’m keeping her.
i was tagged/nominated by elizabeth for this.
7 facts about me:
1. my palms get extra sweaty when i’m anxious.
2. i once got a mohawk (for a haircut, obviously hehe)
3. me, in bright colored clothing, is a rare sight. like a unicorn.
4. everyone thinks my boyfriend is a myth because i’m never seen with him. we do see each other, though. i promise.
5. my sense of direction is shit. i wouldn’t know which is left or right if i didn’t have birthmarks one of my arms.
6. i am the only the child that didn’t get spankings from my parents.
7. when i was in preschool, i answered my seatmate’s math test paper because she was bugging me for every damn question and was getting quite annoying, so i was like, “give me that, you idiot.” i know it was mean, i’m sorry.
Ano nga bang pinakain mo sa akin?
Maraming mga bagay na sa isa’t isa ay ating ipinangako,
ngunit ‘ni isa ay wala man lang naluto–
kaya bakit nga ba ang nakaraan natin
ay ‘di mawala sa aking panlasa?
Continue reading “SAB(AW)”
I lost track of the number of handkerchiefs I’ve lost these past two years, three months, and twenty eight days. You used to tell me I had a knack for losing the most mundane things, and I would just smile and rub my sweaty hands against my denim jeans before I hold yours just tight enough to let you know that you . . . I did not want to lose you—but still loose enough just so you could understand that I did not intend to keep you for my ‘own’— Continue reading “Supergirl”
I am heart, soul, bones, flesh, and skin.
Shaped by the Potter’s bare hands—I’ve got more curves than edges;
Fearfully and wonderfully made with holes to fit you in—
I was crafted with you in mind like necessity;
You see, he equipped you with a forged sword that still needs heat treating,
You poor, poor, flawed being—
Continue reading “Yours”
If I were Peter Pan, your name would be the happy thought that made me fly. It, or the way you paced the floor like the soles of your two-sizes-too-big leather ankle boots were slaves to gravity. It, or the creases on your face when your eyebrows got all scrunched up the first time you caught me staring. It, or the way your huge eye glasses rested on your pronounced cheekbones. Continue reading “Happy Thoughts”
Ang daya,daya mo.
Hindi naman ako nag-papatansya ng kasal,
pero pucha, noong umagang nakalimutan
mo na kung paano huminga
napatigil ako at naisip ko,
“Shit, wala nang maghahatid sa akin sa altar,” Continue reading “Party Pooper”
but I am swimming in your ocean.